Holidays and Food (HAF) programme from Brent Council
Brent Council receives funding from the Department for Education to deliver a Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme as part of a national scheme. The aim of the programme is to support the physical and mental health and wellbeing of children and young people, encouraging them to engage in interactive and fun activities.
The programme offers free places at holiday provision in the Easter, summer and Christmas school holidays for school-aged children in Brent who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
Children and young people can access a minimum of 4 days of HAF programme activities over the Easter and Christmas holidays, and 16 days over the summer holidays.
This programme is funded by the Government. For more information, please check this link.
The programme usually includes:
- a wide range of fun, physical and enriching activities
- education around healthy eating, healthy lifestyles, and preparing food
- a nutritious meal each day
- signposting, referrals and support for parents, carers and families
- a safe space for children to interact with others.
Support Services for Parents & Carers
Please use the links below to access a range of support services provided by Brent. Please contact Mr Hart, Deputy Headteacher for Inclusion or Ms Selbonne Pupil Support Officer if you would like help with completing Brent’s Free School Meals Application Form.
- Brent Food Bank
- Young Carers
- Families with disabled children
- Local activities support for young people
- Welfare and housing advice
- Other resources
Pupil Premium Report
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools in order to support identified groups of students and close the attainment gap between them and their peers.
Pupil Premium Interventions
These interventions are led by Mr Hart Deputy Head for Inclusion
The range of interventions include:
- Talent Engaged GCSE Booster Programme in English, maths and science
- KS3 and KS4 Summer School to facilitate transition and recall of curriculum content
- Equipment and resource provision post Student Needs survey
- Homework Club provision
- Breakfast Club provision
- CoachBright and Brilliant Club intervention
- Targeted support from EAL, SEND and Behaviour teams
- Conflict Resolution and Self-Esteem workshops
- Period 6 intervention for Year 11
- PD for teachers to improve T&L in the classroom
- Student Progress Officer – mentoring & support role