Applications for the Sixth Form open in November for the following academic year. The Sixth Form Application Form should be submitted to the school prior to the December deadline.
Places in Year 12 will be awarded in the following order of priority:
- Children currently in public care (looked after children) / children previously in public care who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below).
- Students who were on roll at Alperton Community School at the end of the academic year immediately preceding the proposed date of entry into the Sixth Form and who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below).
- To receive priority for 2021 entry to our Sixth Form at Alperton Community School, all students must apply by Friday 17 December 2021. Applications received after this date will be treated as late applications.
- Any applications received after Friday 17 December will be added to our waiting list.
- All applicants must be aged 16 on the 31 August in the year of application.
- Students must meet the entry requirements for their chosen programme of study as published in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form.
- Students must meet the individual subject criteria as published in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form.
- Sixth Form admission meetings for 2022 entry will commence on Monday 31 January 2022 and are subject to availability of places on courses.
- Late applicants may be invited for discussion if places are available on their chosen courses or for a place on the waiting list.
- The Sixth Form does not admit students to retake Year 12 or Year 13.
Entry requirements for Level 1 Course in Year 12
This is a one year programme of study designed to support students in gaining entry level qualifications in order to progress into Level 2 courses. Students will be accepted onto this course if they have entry level spoken and written English Language skills.
Entry Requirements for Level 2 Courses in Year 12
This is a one year programme of study for students who wish to progress to the Level 3 Applied Pathway but have not quite met the entry requirements.
Students will achieve a minimum of five GCSE qualifications at grades 1 – 3 or equivalent. A minimum of grade 3 is required in English Language & mathematics.
Entry Requirements for Level 3 Courses in Year 12
Sixth Form students typically study 3 A Level subjects or equivalent.
The minimum entry requirement will be six GCSE qualifications at grades 6 – 9 including English Language and mathematics. In addition to this students will be expected to achieve grade 6 or above in each of their chosen subjects and meet the specific subject entry requirements which are outlined in the Sixth Form Course Options section of the website.
In order to qualify for 4 A Level subjects students must achieve grades 8 – 9 in all subjects studied at GCSE. Students on this programme will be required to sit an AS qualification in one of their 4 subjects at the end of Year 12.
Sixth Form Appeals
|Appeal date||The date will be during the month of September 2022.|
|Last day for Lodging appeals||4pm on Friday 2 September 2022 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard within the first weeks of September. You MUST state the reasons for your appeal on the online form and supply any documentary evidence at this stage e.g. a copy of your result sheet.
Please note the timetable is very short to enable those appellants who win appeals to start as early into the school year as possible.
Click here for the 6th form appeal form.