Brent Culture Fund 2020 is delivering a new exciting programme for young people in Brent, called Fashioning our History. Click here to sign up.
The project is run by Harlesden design graduate Warren Reilly and will explore diversity in fashion and art by creating a fine art/ fashion piece comprising pattern blocks illustrated by students and community participants. The blocks will be assembled into a historically-inspired dress and works will be displayed to the public at The Willesden Green Library as part of the final Fashioning our History Exhibition in March 2021.
The programme includes:
- Free Art/drawing Materials Funded by the Mayor of London and Brent Council (Sponsored Materials by Cass Art Kensington and HobbyCraft Greenwich)
- A chance to explore your Local History / Personal Identity.
- Practical Art-Making Workshops in Research, Design and Artwork Creation
- Fashion Illustration Workshops
- Group Discussions
- Portfolio Reviews
- Connections with other creative individuals in Brent and Beyond
- A series of Online educational Lectures with Practicing artists and designers
- A Final exhibition of works at The Willesden Green Library Centre between March-April 2021.