Support Services for Parents & Carers
Please use the links below to access a range of support services provided by Brent.Please contact Mrs.Banerjee Assistant Head Inclusion & Equalities or Ms Selbonne Pupil Support Officer if you would like help with completing Brent’s Free School Meals Application Form.
- Brent Food Bank
- Young Carers
- Families with disabled children
- Local activities support for young people
- Welfare and housing advice
- Other resources
The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools in order to support identified groups of students and close the attainment gap between them and their peers.
Pupil Premium Interventions
These interventions are led by Mrs. Banerjee Assistant Head Inclusion & Equalities.
The range of interventions include:
- Talent Engaged GCSE Booster Programme in English, maths and science
- KS3 and KS4 Summer School to facilitate transition and recall of curriculum content
- Equipment and resource provision post Student Needs survey
- Homework Club provision
- Breakfast Club provision
- CoachBright and Brilliant Club intervention
- Targeted support from EAL, SEND and Behaviour teams
- Conflict Resolution and Self-Esteem workshops
- Period 6 intervention for Year 11
- PD for teachers to improve T&L in the classroom
- Student Progress Officer – mentoring & support role
Summer holidays HAF programme from Brent Council
Brent Council has received funding from the Department for Education to deliver a Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme in 2021, as part of a national scheme. The aim of the programme is to support the physical and mental health and wellbeing of children and young people, encouraging them to engage in interactive and fun activities.
The programme offers free places at holiday provision in the Easter, summer and Christmas school holidays in 2021 for school-aged children in Brent (aged 4-16) who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
To browse available holiday clubs and activities, please click here. New activities are being added all the time, so please continue to check the page to stay up to date.
To be eligible for a free place via Brent’s HAF programme you must:
- Be resident in Brent or attend a Brent school and,
- Be eligible for and in receipt of free school meals or have spoken to your school to confirm your eligibility.
To find out more and to book a place, please visit https://www.brent.gov.uk/haf.