- Narrow the gap between a student’s reading age and their chronological reading age by using Accelerated reader effectively.
- Ensure that all students write at length in every subject and that the quality of their written work improves over time.
- To be literate is to gain a voice and to participate meaningfully and assertively in decisions that affect one’s life
- To be literate is to gain self-confidence
- To be literate is to become self-assertive
- Literacy enables people to read their own world and to write their own history
- Literacy provides access to written knowledge – and knowledge is power. In a nutshell, literacy empowers.
- How Can I Help My Child Improve Their Literacy?
- Commonly misspelled words
- What Can Parents Do?
- Generic Literacy Table Mats Keystage 5 & 4
- SPaG Placemat
- Love Reading For Schools
|Literacy hour activities:||www.juppfamily.net/learning/literacy|
|Verbs and adverbs quiz:||www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/|