As a teacher, you can inspire the next generation and help them realise their ambitions.
By choosing school-based teacher training at Alperton, you will be joining a diverse and multicultural school where we are determined for every child to succeed.
We are an ambitious school: shortlisted for the TES School of the Year 2018, and internationally recognised following the success of our Art and Textiles teacher Andria Zafirakou, who won the 2018 Global Teacher Prize. We are also proud to be at the heart of our local community and our teacher training programmes will develop your knowledge and skill to inspire success in our young people.
I have always been able to approach colleagues for help and support. They took the time to listen and provide me with valuable guidance.”
(Aditya, School Direct trainee, 2020-21)
Alperton is a great place to work, staff are so friendly and helpful, and you always feel supported. This huge and diverse school will give you a wide experience of teaching which will really help prepare you for your future career.
(Shweta, School Direct trainee (2019-20)
We offer quality in-school training in partnership with Middlesex University
By taking part in our school-led training your will be part of our school community right from the start of your programme and have the opportunity to get to know students and colleagues really well. Our carefully designed training programmes offer:
- Training accredited by Middlesex University, giving you the opportunity to earn the PGCE qualification and with clear routes to further academic study
- A highly regarded professional studies programme which draws on the knowledge and experience of expert practitioners from across the school
- A programme of mentoring and professional support, giving you clear feedback and opportunities to reflect on and develop your practice
- Access to the tailored professional development programme on offer to all staff, and support and guidance to establish your career in the teaching profession
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeing and to help with practical issues and advice.
Contact us to discuss your options
We work with the Harrow Collegiate Teaching Schools Alliance (HCTSA) to offer the Apprenticeship, Schools Direct (Salaried) and Schools Direct (Unsalaried) routes. Our current opportunities are listed on the UCAS website, but before applying, we recommend you contact us for an informal discussion. We can explain more about the programmes we offer, talk about your experience, and help you decide whether training at Alperton is right for you.