Applications for the Sixth Form open in November for the following academic year.
Places in Year 12 will be awarded in the following order of priority:
- Children currently in public care (looked after children) / children previously in public care who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below).
- Students who were on roll at Alperton Community School at the end of the academic year immediately preceding the proposed date of entry into the Sixth Form and who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below).
- To receive priority for 2018 entry Alperton Community School students must apply by Friday 15 December 2017. Applications received after this date will be treated as external applications.
- External applicants for 2018 entry who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below) must apply by Friday 6 January 2018. Any applications received after this date will be added to the waiting list.
- All applicants must be aged 16 on the 31 August in the year of application.
- Students must meet the entry requirements for their chosen programme of study as published in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form.
- Students must meet the individual subject criteria as published in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form.
- Sixth Form admission meetings for 2018 entry will commence on Monday 8 January 2018 and are subject to availability of places on courses.
- Late applicants may be invited for discussion if places are available on their chosen courses or for a place on the waiting list.
- The Sixth Form does not normally admit students to re-take Year 12 or Year 13.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR 2017-2018
This is a one year programme of study for students who wish to progress to the Level 3 Applied Pathway and have not yet quite gained the 5 A*- C grades at GCSE or equivalent needed for this.
The minimum entry requirement for a Level 2 programme of study is 5 D-G grades at GCSE or equivalent in 4 or more subjects. A minimum of an E grade in English and/or Mathematics is also required.
Entry Requirements for Level 3 Courses in Year 12
Sixth Form students typically study 3 AS subjects or equivalent in Year 12
Normally, applicants must have at least a grade B in the specific subjects they wish to study (or in related subjects if the A level/Btec subject is new) alongside the specific subject entry requirements which are outlined in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form. These requirements will vary and will be in addition to 6 GCSE Passes at A* to C level (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
Entry Requirements for Level 3 Courses in Year 13
Sixth Form students typically study 3 A level subjects or equivalent in Year 13.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 passes at grades A-D (or equivalent) in Year 12 AS or Btec subjects they wish to continue studying, except Further Mathematics where they must have a minimum of an A – B grade pass at AS Level. In order to qualify for a 4 A Level Programme students much achieve 4 A grades passes at AS Level in addition to an outstanding progress report and teacher references.