Applications for the Sixth Form open in November for the following academic year.
Places in Year 12 will be awarded in the following order of priority:
- Children currently in public care (looked after children) / children previously in public care who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below).
- Students who were on roll at Alperton Community School at the end of the academic year immediately preceding the proposed date of entry into the Sixth Form and who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below).
- To receive priority for 2018 entry Alperton Community School students must apply by Friday 15 December 2017. Applications received after this date will be treated as external applications.
- External applicants for 2018 entry who meet the entry requirements and subject specific criteria (see notes below) must apply by Friday 6 January 2018. Any applications received after this date will be added to the waiting list.
- All applicants must be aged 16 on the 31 August in the year of application.
- Students must meet the entry requirements for their chosen programme of study as published in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form.
- Students must meet the individual subject criteria as published in the Sixth Form prospectus and application form.
- Sixth Form admission meetings for 2018 entry will commence on Monday 8 January 2018 and are subject to availability of places on courses.
- Late applicants may be invited for discussion if places are available on their chosen courses or for a place on the waiting list.
- The Sixth Form does not normally admit students to re-take Year 12 or Year 13.
Entry Requirements for Level 2 Courses in Year 12
This is a one year programme of study for students who wish to progress to the Level 3 Applied Pathway but have not quite met the entry requirements.
Students will achieve a minimum of 5 GCSE qualifications at grades 1 – 3 or equivalent. A minimum of grade 2 is required in GCSE English and Mathematics.
Entry Requirements for Level 3 Courses in Year 12
Sixth Form students typically study 3 AS subjects or equivalent in Year 12.
The minimum entry requirement will be six GCSE qualifications at grades 4 – 9 including English Language and Mathematics. In addition to this students will be expected to achieve grade 5 or above in each of their chosen subjects and meet the specific subject entry requirements which are outlined in the Sixth Form Options tab of the website.
In order to qualify for 4 AS subject students must achieve grades 7 – 9 in all subjects studied at GCSE.
Entry Requirements for Level 3 Courses in Year 13
Sixth Form students typically study 3 A level subjects or equivalent in Year 13.
Applicants must have a minimum of 3 passes at grades A-D (or equivalent) in the AS or Btec subjects they wish to continue studying, except Further Mathematics where applicants must achieve a minimum of an A – B grade pass at AS Level.
In order to qualify for a 4 A Level Programme students much achieve 4 A grades passes/equivalent in the AS or Btec subjects studied in Year 12, in addition to an outstanding progress report and teacher references.