WHAT CAN YOU DO AS PARENTS AT HOME?
At Alperton Community School, our key literacy priorities for 2018-19 are to:
- Narrow the gap between a student’s reading age and their chronological reading age by using Accelerated reader effectively.
- Ensure that all students write at length in every subject and that the quality of their written work improves over time.
- How Can I Help My Child Improve Their Literacy?
- Commonly misspelled words
- Developing reading with ACS
- What Can Parents Do?
- Generic Literacy Table Mats Keystage 5 & 4
- SPaG Placemat
- Love Reading For Schools
- Ofsted priorities for the new Curriculum, Exclusion and Literacy framework in 2019
|Literacy hour activities:||www.juppfamily.net/learning/literacy|
|Verbs and adverbs quiz:||www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/|