Our school has strong relationship with a number of schools internationally, aiming to extend and improve the teacher expertise on different subjects and reciprocally support the learning experience of all the students involved.
NATIONAL & GLOBAL PARTNERSHIPS
The Ghomme Girls’ Secondary School – Dar es Salaam. Tanzania
This is a private girls’ boarding secondary school, which offers the Tanzania National Curriculum. The school is owned by Ghomme Health and Educational Services Limited. They are located at Ununio Beach/Boko, Kinondoni District, Dar es Salaam Region. This partnership started in the academic year 2016-17.
- Improve IT provision in school.
- Source IT resources for students and teachers at a cheap cost.
- Student communication school to school using Skype-challenge partners.
- Share expertise on data management systems to help analyse school data.
- Train Ghomme teachers in IT to promote learning in the classroom.
St Stephen’s School Bowbazar Kolkata India
St Stephen’s School is a non- profit making English medium Co-Educational School in central Kolkata West Bengal India. It has classes from Reception to the 6th Form running in two shifts under the National Institute of Open Schooling. The school comprises of students who are all EAL and need intensive support in English. This partnership started in the academic year 2016-17.
- Sharing good practice in Leadership &Management.
- Sharing T&L resources to meet needs of EAL students
- Annual visit to the school
The Gambia St Woolos Nursery School Kulucochi
St. Woolos Nursery School is a community school situated in Gunjur Village Kulucochi in Gambia. Mrs Alloway has been in touch with this school for a number of years and has taken part in a number of projects.
- Check for repairs on Facilities and School buildings.
- Visit The Gambia College, Western Division to pay course fees for two staff.
- Purchase fabrics and employ a tailor to sew uniform for boys.
- Breakfast Club
We have also had links with a number of schools in Somalia: Kalabeydh Secondary School, Aleybadey Secondary school and the Aris Primary school. Schools in other countries we have worked with are Farel College Netherlands, Celia Cruz Bronx High School of Music USA, St Columbs Ireland and Malmo in Sweden.
Other local and national partnerships
We have had a Student Exchange Programme with Plume School in Essex. We continue to have partnerships with local organisations like the Wembley Fire station, Ealing Road library, African Caribbean Education Service, Arrival Education and a number of other local and national organisations.